What Franklinophiles are writing about the finding of the Franklin Expedition ship in the Arctic:
The prolific Ken McGoogan, author of several books and articles on Arctic exploration (including the must-read seminal research quadrilogy of Fatal Passage (on John Rae), Ancient Mariner (on Samuel Hearne), Lady Franklin's Revenge (on Jane Franklin), and Race to the Polar Sea (on Elisha Kent Kane)):
- A good though short think piece that cuts through some of the fanfare to what's important about the finding and what it means
- And his own personal blogpost on the finding
- How the Inuit have been telling us what we just found out... for years
- And some additional Inuit background history about Inuit testimony and the Franklin ships
- What we might find inside the ship
- Some first analysis (with lots of comments to read too)
Over at the Kabloonas blog, Andres can barely contain himself over the news.
Of course, there really is no few things to read these days about the historic finding of one of the lost Franklin Expedition ships.